With the Covid-19 lurking large, Testsealab’s Rapid Test has stepped up in constantly developing antigen rapid tests. A new version of the Testsealabs Antigen Rapid Test is now available on the European market. This was evaluated in a new clinical study and showed top performance in terms of sensitivity and specificity.
Developing a plan for employee testing
Testing for the virus that causes COVID-19 should be offered as part of a comprehensive COVID-19 prevention and control program. When developing a plan for employee testing, an employer must consider several factors including
- Availability of tests.
- Cost of tests.
- Vaccination status.
Employers that require screening
- Must make sure the testing is job-related and consistent with a business need
- Must get employee consentbefore giving a test
- If employees do not consent, employers should consider providing other options that are appropriate, such as reassignment to tasks that can be performed via telework or working in a way that maintains physical distance from other workers or customers.
How to provide antigen tests
Get tested by Testsealabs Antigen Rapid Test. The process involves a nasopharyngeal swab which is taken from the back of nose or throat area and applied to the test cassette. The process works according to the lateral flow principle and shows within 10-15 minutes whether Covid-19 antigens could be detected in the sample or not.
Benefits of Testsealabs Rapid Antigen Test Kit
- The Testsealabs Rapid Antigen Test kit is CE Certified and Refundable test. It is listed at the Federal Institute For Drugs and Medical Devices according to the Coronavirus Test Ordinance (TestV) under Number AT129/20.
- The implementation of Testsealabs Rapid Antigen Test kit is performed by medically trained professionals.
- The process is easy and quick. It takes 10-15 minutes to get results.
- The Testsealabs Rapid Antigen Test kitis Reliable and gives results in high-accuracy.
- The Testsealabs Rapid Antigen Test kitcan be performed as a nasopharynx and oropharynx smear.
- The Testsealabs Rapid Antigen Test kitis developed as Point of Care (POC). No equipment is required, all consumables are present in the kit, making it easy to use and saving time and energy.
Reporting antigen test results from employees
All employee antigen test results collected as part of a workplace testing program should be reported to the employer to determine who is permitted to enter the workplace. Employers must keep employee test results confidential.
Contact tracing helps identify cases quickly to protect employees, their families, and their community. Everyone can support contact tracing efforts — even those who are fully vaccinated. Contact tracing efforts help by
- Letting people know they may have been exposed to COVID-19 and should monitor their health for signs and symptoms of COVID-19
- Helping people who may have been exposed to COVID-19 get tested
- Asking all people, including those who are fully vaccinated, to self-isolateif they have COVID-19
- Asking non-vaccinated people to self-quarantineif they are a close contact.
Antigen testing by itself cannot prevent the spread of COVID-19. Taking everyday preventive actions to slow the spread of COVID-19 is critical.
You can help protect your employees by
- Encouraging employees to get vaccinated, when available to them, and supporting efforts to vaccinate employees.
- Encouraging sick employees to stay home.
- Screening employees for COVID-19 symptoms and potential exposure to COVID-19.
- Collecting employee test results before they enter the workplace.
- Consulting with a building ventilation professional to improve ventilationin the workplace.
- Installing physical barriers, such as plexiglass or similar materials, to separate workers from each other or from customers.
- Limiting the number of employees or customers in a facility.
- Encouraging people to stay at least several feets apartand using visual cues to support physical distance.
- Providing hand washing stations or hand sanitizerwith at least 60% alcohol.
- Supplying materials and training for cleaningof frequently touched surfaces.
- Providing masksand personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job, and requiring consistent, proper wearing of masks and PPE while in the workplace other than when eating or drinking.