We finally see a significant shift in the pandemic situation as countries worldwide gradually start to open up for tourism. Easing travel restrictions is essential in driving social and economic recovery from the impact of COVID-19. There are various requirements in traveling in a pandemic. But almost all countries require vaccination proof, travel insurance, and a negative RTCPR or Antigen rapid test.
Testsealab’s Rapid Test has stepped up in constantly developing its tests. Unlike an antibody test, the rapid antigen test can directly detect the causative agent of COVID-19, the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2. It detects the proteins of the virus (the antigens). Evaluated in a new clinical study and showed top performance in terms of sensitivity and specificity, Testsealab’s rapid test kit can be your new inexpensive travel buddy.
The process involves a nasopharyngeal swab taken from the back of the nose or throat area and applied to the test cassette. The process works according to the lateral flow principle. The results can be seen within 10-15 minutes.
PEACE OF MIND FOR PANDEMIC TRAVEL
Unlike earlier in the pandemic, now there are many resources to help with every stage of a trip, from calculators that assess your risk before travel to easy-to-get rapid Antigen test kits. It’s a little more expensive and complicated to travel now than pre-pandemic, but tourists have to adapt. And they can adapt through compliance and a more thought-out travel plan.
In planning your trip, here are some things you can do:
- Research about your destination. You can look up countries’ current COVID situation by knowing the average COVID cases per day. Continents and countries will have varying risks.
- Pay close attention to the entry and exit requirements and specific local laws and customs. Some countries will require you to apply for a travel pass ahead of time. Some will have special requirements.
- Travelers should check their destination’s embassy site for testing requirements. Rules about timing test validity can change quickly.
- Book your testing in advance. Save time by booking your rapid Antigen test online.
- Travelers should bring a lot of rapid antigen tests for self-testing on their trip.
Have peace of mind by knowing that all these travel restrictions and protocols are in place to protect you, too, ultimately. Travel without putting yourself and your loved ones at risk.
WHEN YOU TESTED POSITIVE OVERSEAS
Catching COVID-19 overseas is what all travelers are trying to avoid. But it happens, and you have a plan in place when it does. Here are some things you can do when you test overseas:
- Make sure you have COVID-19 travel insurance. This kind of insurance has always been essential to cover different kinds of travel-related risks like lost baggage and missed flights. Due to the pandemic, circumstances for travelers will remain to be unpredictable for the foreseeable future, hence the need for travel insurance.
- Don’t panic. Contact the airlines, and they could contact someone from the health authority. Meanwhile, remain in isolation. You might need to transfer to a quarantine hotel.
- Present proof of recovery. You can constantly check if you have already recovered through your stash of antigen rapid kits. Present the negative antigen result to the quarantine hotel.
The Modern Passport
The pandemic has drastically changed a lot of things including traveling. Travelers are advised to adjust their expectations and shift their mindset. Your health and well-being must always come first. Get that visa, pack your bags, and don’t forget your Testsealabs Antigen Rapid Test kits!